Day 33 - Niagara Falls

For once we had a short drive to our next destination. It was only about 1.5-2 hours to Niagara Falls. Here Julian’s  hair is blending in with the wall at a pita restaurant where we stopped for lunch. 


The Niagara Falls hydrants sent as nice as the ones in Kingston. Still colourful though. 


Ok, here we go. Get ready for one million pictures of Niagara Falls 😂 It’s hard to stop from taking “just one more”

This is at the top of the funicular. We walked the 15 minutes from our motel to the falls and realized we couldn’t get down the embankment unless we took it so that’s what we did. A happy accident 














We slowly made our way along the path beside the falls taking many pictures until we got to the boat ride entrance. Here we are in front of the American Falls


Getting ready to get on the boat. It was pretty warm so I didn’t wear my poncho as I wanted to cool off


The Rainbow Bridge that goes across the border to the USA. We’ll  be taking it tomorrow!



Julian and Sam wanted to get misted too 



After I was quickly soaked through I decided to put my poncho back on 😂 Sam enjoyed the spray though and kept his off. 


We walked back to the motel via Clifton Hill, the notoriously touristy area. Holy Moly it was INTENSE





After a much needed rest from the heat and noise we headed to the tower to see the falls lit up. 


We arrived around 8:50 pm just before they turned the lights on at 9:00 pm




We were very excited when the lights came on






I’ve only posted about 1/10 of the photos we took. We have one of every possible lighting configuration that was displayed. Rainbow was our favourite 


We stayed until 10:00 to see the fireworks. They were actually hard to see as they were in front of and below the viewing deck of the tower. Oh well it was still a fun evening. 



 Tomorrow we are heading into the USA 🇺🇸 . Stay tuned!

Comments

  1. So cool to see the lights on the falls at night. I had not seen that before, having only been there during the day. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment