Day 31 - Montreal bagels, Kingston & Schitt’s Creek
If you were wondering how we managed to get the car out if that tight spot I will tell you: I left a note on the windshield of the person parked in front of and behind us. The person parked in front called to tell me she was leaving and I ran out and pulled the car up, giving us a lot of room on either side. 😅 . I was sweating buckets about it until she called me!
We have quite a lot of stuff and somehow we manage to get it all to and from the car every 2-3 days.
All dressed bagel with smoked salmon cream cheese. Yum!
Across from the bagel shop was a pink museum/laundromat/drink shop? The proprietor claimed that we would love his special bubble tea drink or he would give us our money back. So of course we had to try it.
We bought fresh peaches and blueberries from a market
After Kingston we kept driving and detoured off the highway and stopped in a small town named Goodwood. It was the filming location for a recent successful Canadian tv show. Can you tell which one?
Here’s a hint:
A bigger hint!
To be honest I felt a bit silly being there and taking pictures of someone’s town. I had hoped to get there in the afternoon because there is a bakery on that corner as well which could have given us some legitimacy for being there but it was probably 8:00 at night and no one else around so we stood out. But I’m still glad we stopped. It also gave me a chance to add some second hand books to the free little library. I had good intentions to tempt my children into reading in the car, but alas the devices are more appealing.
After Goodwood we still had a couple hours of driving on the 401. I thought that it being 9 pm on a Saturday night we wouldn’t have much traffic but it was still pretty busy! Overall despite the long day of driving we still managed to have an interesting day.














Kingston looks very quaint and walkable.
ReplyDelete