Day 7 - Sault Ste. Marie to Ottawa

We started the day with McDonalds breakfast down by the locks of Sault Ste. Marie or the Soo as the locals call it.  The US is just on the other side of the river.




We walked around by the port a little.  There was a large pavillon there for Roberta Bondar (Canadas first female astronaut). There was a large stage and the kids performed for us.



We stopped in Sudbury to check out the giant Nickle and the Science Center. The Sudbury Superstack is the tallest in Canada and the Western Hemisphere.




I (Toby) spent some time at the Science North Science Center in 1992 when they hosted the Canada Wide Science Fair.  Yes, I am that nerdy. 


They had this same bed of nails when I visited in 1992.  And now Julian gets to lie on it.



They had a CPR exibit where you could practice CPR on a dummy.  I think this was one of Bridget's lifelong goals.  And now Julian and Bridget can save me when I have a heart attack from all this road food we've been eating.


They had a VR exibit.  Julian was fighting aliens and Sam was doing 3D art.



















Comments

  1. Toby, you have an awesome sense of humour! (Shelley - I work with your mom at the library.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment