We are back on the road with about a six hour drive to Oromocto, near Fredricton, to see my cousin Andrew and his wife Myra and kids Doug and Elise.
Our first stop was in Rivière-du-Loup. Toby remembers coming here with for the National Science fair as a kid. The tourist info had a lovely park with people playing boules (or in Quebec, Pétanque?)
There were also some stretching/exercise stations. The instructions were in French, so I had to guess what to do
There is a waterfall that creates hydro-electric power so we went for a a look. You step out into a metal bridge over the falls and really felt the power of that rushing water. It was a bit scary!




This is Sam’s new “go to” pose for photos. As his mother, I don’t love that his face is down in so many photos 😂
Back on the road, more driving. The traffic has really thinned out and we were treated to two lane divided highway. The speed limit went up to 110 for the first time since probably Saskatchewan or Manitoba.

Toby googled it and this is NOT really the “lucky loonie” from the Olympics.
On the highway I saw a sign for the world’s longest covered bridge so of course we had to stop!
This town is also home to the Covered Bridge potato chip factory so we stopped in for a tour and made a few purchases!
“World’s smallest” covered bridge 😂
We finally made it to Andrew and Myra’s where we had a lovely evening getting reacquainted after not seeing each other since Canada day 2018 when they lived in Montery CA and we were moving home from San Diego. Doug and Elise, Julian and Sam and I read some bedtime stories together. Elise translated the Robert Munsch book I Love You Forever from her French copy (quite a skill!) and sang the lullaby parts with a beautiful singing voice.
This is the only picture from the evening but it shows me making good on a delivery from Aunt Tish to Myra
Love the shadow people waterfall photo! And are those really lobster flavoured chips?! Unusual. (Shelley)
ReplyDeleteYes! Lobster. I’ll let you know how they taste!
ReplyDeleteTara - I am inspired and want to drive across to the East Coast too! And stuff my face with chips.
ReplyDelete